I have taken after you in so many ways,
I’m blessed and will honor that till my dying day,
People have said that I could pass as your child,
We might be quiet but I must say the rest of us is pretty wild,
Some of your traits haven’t reached me I pray they do with all my might,
Your amazing strength, courage and determination to fight,
A hard working woman taking it all in your stride,
A family member who is admired and spoken of with pride,
The love you have to give from your pure and massive heart,
Showing how much you care for me even though we’re far apart,
Embracing me from the first time we met when as a child I came to visit,
Your ability to forgive is absolutely exquisite,
Always there rain, hail or shine to fill the needs of your family,
These are just a few of your many qualities I hope to one day have in me,
I have taken after you in so very many ways,
I’m blessed and will honor that till my dying day.
© Poetic Anita Ashwini Shea 2015
No comments:
Post a Comment