Look where I am at,
You thought I'd fall flat,
That I wouldn't achieve,
Well you better start to believe,
You'd always talk smack,
Can you see my life's on track?
You couldn't have been more wrong,
Thinking I was not strong,
I'm finally being recognised,
Oh please, don't look so surprised,
I knew this would come,
And you thought I was the one that was dumb,
As I flourished and grew,
Where on earth were you?
People now value my skills,
Despite not growing up with lots of $100 bills,
Money didn't get me here,
It was blood, sweat and tears,
Everything is now paying off,
Everything's about to blastoff,
Next time I cross your mind or vision,
The girl you called loser is now a woman on a mission,
And as I rise I'll watch you fall,
For what I have can't be bought at all,
Take a look where I'm at,
The jokes on you - what ya think about that???
© Poetic Anita Ashwini Shea 2015
No comments:
Post a Comment