DEMON ON YOUR SHOULDER

We are separated,
But I feel obligated,
To walk you through the dark of night,
To be your glowing guiding light,
I feel your pain,
It drives me insane,
To know your struggles,
And all your troubles,
What once was ours,
Is yours for hours,
For days and years,
But are still my fears,
My worries and sorrow,
Like a big pill to swallow,
Its stuck and I choke,
These words are no joke
Its one big nightmare,
I can't help but still care,
Your voice is getting distant,
Every day you're more insistent,
To be a man of mystery,
Forgetting 'bout our history,
There's a demon on your shoulder,
And it's making your heart colder,
Taking control,
Killing your soul,
Screwing your mind,
As you follow behind,
Do you scream and shout,
To find a pathway out?
© Poetic Anita Ashwini Shea 2015

No comments: