MY PRAYERS WERE ANSWERED

My future seemed to be at a point of the unknown,
I couldn’t read the signs that the good Lord had shown,
All that my past taught me was most people are untrue,
Then all my prayers were answered when I fell in love with you.

We have known each other for the longest time but never did I see,
You to be my soulmate spending your forever with me,
But now I could not imagine my life lived any other way,
And I promise I’ll love you deeply until my dying day.

Always kind and gentle, to be around you is a delight,
Just one of many reasons why I know that we are right,
Respecting me like I have never been respected before,
With actions not just words I see it’s me that you adore.

I constantly think all things in life that you and I will share,
Never again will you feel lonely for I will always be there,
When I make my vows I will mean every single word I speak,
Devoted to making you happy and carrying you when you feel weak. 
© Poetic Anita Ashwini Shea 2015

No comments: