I was just an innocent child,
Quiet, timid and emotionally mild,
Showing kindness and compassion to anyone,
I don't know why I was bullied by everyone.
Their teasing and behaviour cut like a knife,
To a point where it ended up consuming my life,
Each morning I cried a river to my mum,
Knowing another day of torment and cruelty had come.
I'd say I felt sick and couldn't go to school today,
In desperation I gave excuses so at home I could stay,
Why was it me they had chosen to taunt?
This was confusing and upon my mind it would haunt.
I would wonder whether I did something wrong,
I felt like I didn't have anywhere to belong,
Especially when the teachers started to join in,
Now both students and teachers were bullying.
It all finally took a complete toll on me,
I started suffering from depression and anxiety,
My family had to get involved as my defense,
Due to the bullying becoming violently intense.
I was just an innocent child,
Quiet, timid and emotionally mild,
Showing kindness and compassion to anyone,
I don't know why I was bullied by everyone.
©Poetic Anita ashwini Shea 2015
No comments:
Post a Comment