To the lovely lady that gave me life,
That gave me advice and tried to keep me out of strife,
Whenever I needed it 'cause being young is hard,
She never hesitated to come and stand guard,
She would hold her hand in mine,
Wiping tears when I cry, love her till the end of time.
When I was 3 suddenly it was just mama and me,
I'd see she tried hard to give me food to eat,
Life got hard, she stood her ground,
She knew what life alone was all about,
I may have been small but I still know,
It took a lot to survive and grow,
Living in a world of alcoholic war,
Fighting and family that wasn't asked for,
So a decision was made which turned out best for all,
A day I saw my mama rise and saw my daddy fall.
In many a little flat we'd place our beds,
No flash pillows yet still rested heads,
When I was sick she'd tenderly hold my face,
I wouldn't have rathered been in any other place,
Times have changed, now I'm grown, I'm my own,
And despite all of the tantrums I've thrown,
Life wouldn't be life without your motherly way,
I appreciate and love you,
Happy Mother's Day.
©Poetic Anita Ashwini Shea 2015
No comments:
Post a Comment