I am very kind but don’t take it for a second as being weak,
And when I have something to say I mean the words that I speak,
My feelings are important still I put others before me,
If you push into hurt mode don’t be surprised with what you see,
Many chances will be offered but there is a limit,
I don’t have space for people where I am in desperation to fill it,
I choose who I have in my life and I will treat you with respect,
But if I’m not respected in return I will very easily eject,
When I invest in you I will go to the very ends of the earth,
No allowing to be used here for I actually do have some worth,
It doesn’t take a lot to notice when connections are one sided,
It’s your mistake if you believe that I am naive, stupid or misguided,
To make sure there is no misunderstanding I just look at your behaviour,
If you don’t want to hold your end out comes the emotion slicing razor,
I’m not afraid to sever ties with it as I have done it times before,
This is the point where I refuse to take cruelty and selfishness anymore!
© Poetic Anita Ashwini Shea 2015
No comments:
Post a Comment