WHILE I'M SINGLE

Being fly and poetic on my own 'cause I can,
While out there searching for me is a man,
Wondering why he hasn't found me yet,
Well being priceless makes me difficult to get,
Maybe he aint got enough soul to afford,
This rhyming queen who is very much loved and adored,
Independent and in no hurry to hold anybody's hand,
With the exception of a gentleman who'll truly understand,
I wont be seen at the club bump and grinding on whoever,
Men you're dealing with a lady who is classy and clever,
That's not to say I'll never have my eye on anyone,
But when I do he will know it when all is said and done,
I'm over all that shit - don't hate the player hate the game,
Getting older not looking at things quite the same,
At the moment I'll continue to write my words down,
Setting in stone so I don't get chased by some clown.
You can take the girl outta the 'burg but not the 'burg outta the girl,
I've learned my lessons being part of that train station world,
Never again bowing to who do not deserve respect,
You all created this monster - what do you expect?
To end this spit I will say I'm more than happy to mingle,
But until I find my king I'll be me remaining single.
©Poetic Anita Ashwini Shea 2015

No comments: