HEART TORN APART

There was a time when I thought I could come to you for anything,
That you were a second safety net, 
Another provider of motherly love, 
But everything has changed, 
A breaking point has been reached, 
My safety net that started to tear, 
Now have gaping holes where I fall right through, 
You ride proudly upon your high horse, 
Family is now beneath you, 
We are constantly walking on egg shells, 
You remind us of our faults, 
Your choices are never wrong, 
Yet more and more we're degraded, 
No longer will I allow the mind games, 
I am not that little girl who sat on your knee, 
Disrespect has broken my heart, 
I can't praise you genuinely anymore, 
It will never occur to you how much you hurt others, 
I for one will not be there when you're most vulnerable, 
Only blood connects us that's not my choice, 
Emotionally you've drained me empty, 
My prayer is that you will realise this, 
I doubt you acknowledge all the mess that you cause, 
And for that I can only pity you, 
Enjoy your world of blissful ignorance, 
Because nothing lasts forever, 
One day you'll be the lonely one, 
Begging at my door, 
Just remember one fact about me, 
I don't forget anything. 
©Poetic Anita Ashwini Shea 2015

No comments: