As I go through my old photos your face appears,
Missing you is something that my heart no longer fears,
I can flip passed the pages leaving you in the past,
It’s nice to know that finally this is how my emotions will last,
Forgiveness wasn’t possible for a brief moment there,
But I do now because I won’t use my energy to care,
Karma is a bitch and I feel sorry for your soul,
It’s confirmed that I’ve moved on because it’s not you that makes me feel whole,
For years I told people that I was never scared of your hand,
In the end I couldn’t say that so I changed up what we had planned,
Walking away from us was the best thing for me to do,
Too much had been said and done that you possibly couldn’t undo,
If I stay angry the power and control that you had stains,
No longer do I have the burden of dragging those heavy, heavy chains,
A lifetime of happiness was trumped by materialism and greed,
But I truly know now that I have everything I need,
So thank you for making me notice what I once refused to see,
And helping me realise that with you I was destined to a life of agony,
Maybe one day you’ll grow up and recognise what matters most.
For the first time in a decade I consider you to be a ghost,
Back in the day I couldn’t imagine you not being around,
Always worried, making sure if you needed me I could be found,
The impact you had on my life will never be forgotten,
But if I don’t let it all completely go I will end up bitter and rotten,
Enjoy thinking about everything that destroyed the life you knew,
You’re so selfish though you probably don’t even have a clue,
After this I feel no need to ever again put pen to paper with you in mind,
You know that my words could have been worse this is me being kind!
© Poetic Anita Ashwini Shea 2015
No comments:
Post a Comment