My mind is blank, unable to complete a thought,
Emotions running hard like wild horses,
Tears, screams, agony, felling distraught,
Nothing stops these powerful forces.
I'm slipping away slowly as I'm curled up on the floor,
Don't know how much time is left until all I know is gone,
I honestly don't know what to do anymore,
This torture is going on for way too long.
I'm confined within a toxic room,
Suffocating and I can't find my way out,
Falling on deaf ears are my desperate calls,
Surely the good Lord can hear me shout.
Even though my voice is gone and all is silent,
No matter what I do to try and make a sound,
It wont be long before upon myself I become violent,
And bury my soul deep into the muddy ground.
I've been at this crossroad many times in the past,
But the right direction to go is always different,
My strength is only just strong enough to last,
And my will to save my sanity is nearly spent.
© Poetic Anita Ashwini Shea 2015
No comments:
Post a Comment